This full day conference is presented by Dominic Regan
As one of the most prolific speakers in the business, Dominic will deliver highly demanded updates on the latest employment law issues and will provide invaluable advice pertinent to today.
This course is aimed at qualified employment law practitioners.
The last 18 months has seen frenzied developments. Who counts as a worker? How does the gig economy fit in? When is someone dismissed; the answer may surprise you.
The impact of a successful, partial appeal against dismissal.
New European guidance on TUPE.
A new helpful constructive dismissal checklist.
Topics covered include:
- When is someone dismissed? Getting the date right.
- Has someone been dismissed? The Patel twist.
- Constructive dismissal overview.
- Gig economy cases with Uber motoring to the Supreme Court.
- Are you working if asleep?
- The implied duty of trust and confidence
- Liability for employees who commit crimes at work
- Recent TUPE guidance from the ECJ.
- Brexit and domestic Employment law.
- Can dismissal be rescinded?