This full day conference is presented by Graham Pegg and Mena Ruparel.
These highly renowned legal trainers will deliver updates on the latest family law issues and will provide invaluable advice pertinent to today.
It is an intermediate level course with the objective of providing the busy practitioner with a comprehensive panoramic update on case law, covering both significant and recent cases, as well as statutory developments.
Private Children Law Update 2019
Presented By Graham Pegg
This course will look at the implementation of measures to protect vulnerable parties and witnesses and will update on recent case law on a range of Private Children law topics.
Delegates attending this course will-
- Have some recent case law at their fingertips for those sudden moments of need in court,
- Be better placed to give realistic and up to date advice to clients’
- Receive practical reassurance about difficult issues of client care and as to dealings with opponents, both qualified and of the McKenzie Friend persuasion;
- Hear about one or two newer areas of Private Children law into which their practices might expand.
2019 Financial Orders Update
Presented By Mena Ruparel
This talk aims to provide a comprehensive update on case law and practice developments in financial order proceeding sin the past year.
Topics covered include:
- The development of the online court for divorce and finances
- Using the standard order precedents
- Drafting petitions post Owens v Owens
- Detailed consideration of periodical payments post Mills v Mills
- The future for pre-nuptial agreements
- Pensions following the reports of the Pensions Advisory Group
- Case law round up